And I'm not talking about this one TWELVE freaking years ago:
(I know, more Mikey nostalgia for all of us who know him...)No, I'm talking about the Mesa High School Senior Prom, last weekend.
But don't worry, I went as a chaperone...
not as some kid's date.
Unless you consider this guy a kid:
I know he does. :)Greg was kind enough to "give up" a weekend of studying for his finals (though I 'm sure he was 100% willing to skip it) and drive down from Flagstaff to go to the prom with me. I don't even want to think of the boredom I would have experienced without him there.
First, SPHS proms weren't even a scratch on the surface compared to the grandiose scale of the MHS prom. For example: they had like 8 (EIGHT) picture stations. We sure as heck didn't need that many. We probably didn't even really need one...
And second, did we really look that young at prom? I swear I felt like such an adult going to prom. These kids are still just babies!
Um, and can I just say 2 things?
First, SPHS proms weren't even a scratch on the surface compared to the grandiose scale of the MHS prom. For example: they had like 8 (EIGHT) picture stations. We sure as heck didn't need that many. We probably didn't even really need one...
And second, did we really look that young at prom? I swear I felt like such an adult going to prom. These kids are still just babies!

6 comments:
Cute pictures! Oh Mikey..., He is actually coming down this weekend..I'm in Glendale, You should come say hi! It would be so nice to see you.
I can't imagine going to Prom as an adult. It's bad enough I go to the Stake Youth Dances (now that I'm in the Stake YW Presidency). It brings back such memories! But the real reason I'm commenting on this post is because I'm looking at these pictures and wondering why I look SO YOUNG in that group picture but when I look at your two couple pictures right there next to each other, you look exactly the same?!?!? How is that possible? You aren't aging!
-Susanna
Susanna's right, you're as cute as ever...
Glad you had fun!
wow look at those pics, memories... very fun. I felt so old back then but now it seems like it was ages ago. -keely
You're beautiful Rebecca. Glad you had a good time. AND thanks for the cute anniversary card.
Could I BE any happier that you are kicking your leg up in that picture?! You are seriously the best ever!
Post a Comment