I went up to Flagstaff for Greg's graduation from Northern Arizona University. He worked really hard and finished up (in one year) his Bachelor's in Biology with a pre-health emphasis. His family was super proud of him and I was
definitely proud of him... I was with him pretty much the whole way, so I know what an accomplishment it was for him. Now it's off to Pharmacy school in September in Chicago! :)
Here's Greg's favorite ladies waiting for graduation to start (except his mom isn't in the picture)
Me, Kelly, Addison and Amy (in the background)His cute nieces Kylie and Addison (minus the devil eyes on Addi)

And here's the proud graduate!

He's SO happy... and rightfully so! Greg worked hard!


Afterward, we pulled up a piece of lawn and set up the tripod for some
Smith family (plus Spendy) photos.

Just the Smith siblings...
Amy, Kelly, Greg and Kevin

The proud Mama & Papa with their boy.

And then me with my graduate!

We enjoyed the beautiful Flagstaff weather having a Smith family picnic to celebrate Greg's graduation. His family drove up and back in the same day. I stayed an extra day to help Greg clean up his apartment and move back to Mesa.
But first, we hiked the
lava tubes. It's this cave that was carved out like a billion years ago by lava. It's pitch black in there and in 32 degrees year round. Check out the pitch blackness:
Thank heavens for a flash! (And flashlight... utter darkness is freaky!)

The cave also got super narrow at some points.

And there was a wall of ice near the opening.

I think Greg thought it was a really bland flavor of ice cream...

Here we are at the small opening...

daylight, finally!
Then we got to work and cleaned the apartment.
Well, I cleaned the apartment while Greg packed up his stuff.
Never again.
College boys' apartments are disgusting.
I only post pictures because I'm proud of my hard work.


I was absolutely beat by the time I got home. But I was happy to help and extremely happy to be able to be a part of the celebration for Greg's graduation.
I'm still proud of you Greg! Good luck in Pharmacy school! :)

2 comments:
I'm glad you went to Greg's graduation. I'm proud of him too.
Cute post, just seeing it now. Good job Greg and Rebecca. I wish him well in Pharmacy school.
Yes, next time have him clean and you help pack and organize his things. You are the tetris queen aren't you :)
Post a Comment