Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Purge

I got a new cell phone today. I've been meaning to check out some new ones and then there was a special online Monday, so I got this phone for FREE (after I send in my rebate...).


It's the Palm Centro Smartphone. So far I'm in love with it and can't wait to figure out all the bells and whistles! I was actually pretty lucky today. I ordered the phone late Monday night (when I should have been going to bed... kinda like right now) and it was sent FedEx the very next day. Verizon sent me a tracking number for it and I tracked it this morning and found out that it was on the delivery truck in Tempe! BUT, I had to sign for it
and go to work... how was I going to swing that? Hmm. Well, my prep hour and lunch hour are back to back, so I left campus for 2 hours straight and graded quizzes at my house, hoping for the FedEx man to come. And, lucky me, he came 10 MINUTES before I had to go back to work! When the doorbell rang, I said "Yes!" pretty loud and when I opened the door he commented on my enthusiastic "Yes!"

Anyway, that was a random side note and long way of saying that I had to purge my old cell phone of pictures that I really wanted to keep. I thought it would be fun to post them up here with the brief
(really, I'll try to be brief) stories about them.

So, here they are in no particular order, because I don't really have time to be particular right now! :)

This was about a year ago when I invested in my first pair of really expensive jeans, Silver jeans from Buckle (worth EVERY penny). I'm sure I was showing off how good my butt looks in them via a picture message to Jill Jill.


Halloween this past year when I was Rebecca the Devil. The purpose of this picture was to show off my wicked eyelashes. If you look closely, you can see the rhinestones!


This is a crazy man I work with named Steve Gourde. Every Halloween, the staff has a pumpkin decorating contest by department. This year, the math department opted to get a "gourd" (a type of squash) and build our own little Steve Gourde. Pretty good, eh? Needless to say, we won the contest.

How do you explain this one to your mother? Or your Bishop? Or anyone for that matter? Believe it or not, I bought this beer for a visiting teaching get together. Yes, beer for a church activity! We had a little fondu party and one of the cheese recipes called for beer. Everybody else was too righteous to get the beer, but not me! You should have seen me in the beer aisle... SO out of place! I had no idea what I was looking for. I had to call a non-LDS drinking co-worker Jeff for some help. I'm pretty sure he fell out of his seat and had some high hopes that I had joined "his side" when I sent this picture messsage to him later. :) The fondu was really yummy, but don't worry, we poured the left over beer down the sink!

Greg and I were out shopping one day and stopped in a Famous Footwear to check out the sales for me. I, of course, couldn't find anything for my size 11 boats, so I was done pretty quickly. But we didn't leave quickly. I had to wait for Mr. I Love Shoes to try on all of the super cheap radical awesome shoes... like this lovely pair. I think they're hideous (luckily, he didn't buy them even though they were only 20 bucks) but the picture makes me smile every time I see it. Ridiculous boy! :)


Hmm. I wonder how long this picture will stay up before Jill finds it and makes me take it down? Until then, this is Jill getting ready to be Cat Woman for "People's Choice Awards" 2008 (an original University 7th Ward production). She was going to wear a black pencil skirt over the body suit, but the skirt just ruined the look and so she was BRAVE... and went to a ward activity in a leotard. And she looked hot!

This is Deseret Towers at BYU, the dorms I lived in my Freshman year at BYU. They tore them down a year ago and are probably building well on their way of buildings something in its place. The 3 Spendloves (I guess 4, really) who went to BYU as Freshman all lived here. Shawn in Q Hall, Stuart in W Hall, me in S Hall and our nephew Brad lived in Q Hall its final year of exisitence. A legacy of Spendloves? Definitely!


I think I blogged about this one already... hold on, let me check. Yep, I did. Here it is.

This picture was taken on mine and Greg's first date, almost a year ago. At the end of the date, we were hanging out at our friend Kristen's house and she had this manger scene that had the goofiest looking camel you've ever scene. And Greg did a pretty good imitation of it... It was my caller ID for him, until now. I guess I just don't want to forget what it looked like to get a call from him.


Ok, this one's a classic. This is my last Bishop, Paul Sandstrom (left) and his counselor, Ron Mabry... two of my favorite people in the whole wide world. At FHE one night, we were playing dodgeball in the cultural hall. People who were playing had their car keys and phone scattered across the stage. And people who weren't playing were...well... doing this. Sandstrom and Mabry took pictures of themselves on people's phones and set the picture as the wallpaper, unbeknownst to anyone! So when we left that evening and opened our phones, we had a nice surprise new wallpaper. This was my wallpaper... until now.

This is me snowboarding at Brighton (or was is Solitude??) last Christmas break with my brother Shawn. He taught me when I first got home from my mission and I must say I've improved a lot since then. I actually enjoy it now! But it was fetching COLD that day... pretty sure the high was in the teens! Arizona may not have the greatest snow on earth, but the ski resorts here aren't nearly as cold!

Oh, and here's a gem to end on. A couple of weeks ago, we were having dinner at my friend Ryan's house. A few people had never been there before, so he gave a grand tour... including the master bathroom. Oh, bachelor pads.

8 comments:

Vickie said...

Those are awesome pics. I love the stories that go with them. I'm so glad I found your blog. It's nice to be "in touch" with you again and hear all the fun things in your life.

Melissa said...

Okay, a few things here. First,you have to let Steve and I know how you like your phone, we ar both in the market for a new one. Second, Nice butt and nice jeans. Third, that camel looks like the waterhorse. Fourth, that's like the coolest thing I'ver seen a bishop do.
Can't wait to see Berecca!!

Jill said...

Ok, um nice photo of me. Hideous really. Oh, well. I guess I don't care that much, I did a lot of bold, or maybe embarrassing things that night. I would like to add that I had just come from the gym and was just trying on the body suit for Spendy...I looked much better later on that evening. Love all the photos Spendy!!! So fun :-)

Unknown said...

Nice phone! I am glad you took my advice :)

Jodi said...

Once again you deliver an A+ post performance. This post was so stinkin' funny. Thanks for some much needed comic relief!

PS-Nice jeans.

Kathy said...

Loved all the pics and fun stories.

ejnorton said...

These were so classic—and so you! The gourd one really made laugh because I can think of people like that that I work with that we need to do something funny with. hee hee

El Jeffe and the Girls said...

Oh my gosh, so many good pictures that I don't know where to start! So...cute butt, loved the gourd, and "no dumping" ???? AWESOME!

-Susanna