This past Thursday was the long-awaited 5th season premiere. I watched all 4 seasons on DVD in preparation for the big night (what else am I going to do at work when my student teacher is doing my job?). Was Jim ever going to propose to Pam? Is Angela really going to stay with Andy, or will her secret affair with Dwight come out in the open? Did Michael Scott truly find his other half in the new HR rep? So many questions! Weeks before the season opener, I made arrangements to have a season premiere party at the Mabry's house. We had people over after institute for some "Office" foods and to watch the premiere via TiVo on the big screen in the backyard. Thanks to one quick message through facebook, we easily had over 40 people there. It was awesome!
My friend Kathy (you know, the super creative one, my blogging inspiration) helped me plan and prepare for the office foods table... which happens to be the whole point of this post, so let me get to it. Here's the foods we had, along with the relevant quote from "The Office".

Ryan: Jim has worked at the same place for 5 years. Jim eats the same ham and cheese sandwich everyday for lunch. I'd say Jim will have a nice weekend in Philadelphia.

Jim: I ate a tuna sandwich on my first day. So, Andy started calling me Big Tuna... I don't think any of them actually know my real name.

Dwight: First rule in road-side beet sales: Put the most attractive beets on top. The ones that make you pull over the car and go, "wow, I need this beet right now." Those are the money beets.
Jim: If I left, what would I do with all this useless information in my head? You know? Tonnage price of manila folders? Um, Pam's favorite flavor of yogurt? Which is mixed berry, by the way.Pam: Jim said mixed berries? Well, yeah, he's on to me.

Jim: Ok, we will be competing for gold, silver and bronze yogurt lids.
Pam: Now the bronze are really blue, and they're also the backside of the gold, so no flipping. K? Honor system.

Kevin: I hear Angela's party will have double fudge brownies. It will also have Angela. Double fudge.... Angela.... double fudge....

Kevin: Sometimes we play "Who can put the most M&M's in their mouth?"
Angela: You play that.
Stanley: I wake up every morning in a bed that's too small, drive my daughter to a school that's too expensive and then I go to work to a job for which I get paid too little. But on pretzel day... Well, I like pretzel day. 
Dwight: It's a real shame because studies have shown that more information gets passed through water cooler gossip than through official memos. Which puts me at a disadvantage, because I bring my own water to work.
Ok, so that last quote doesn't go with the lemonade... we were planning on having a water cooler there, but ran out of time for the hassle. And there wasn't really a direct quote for the lemonade... it was just a part of the "Welcome back, Oscar" party.
Now the real question is, how many of these quotes can you connect to the episode? Who are the real Office fans out there?? :)
7 comments:
Well, I don't know if I could name every episode, but I do remember every one of the quotes. We love that show. We're total junkies here and I'm so glad the new season has started again. That was a good idea to have food at your party based on quotes from the show--very creative!
Oh my gosh! I wish I lived near you just so I could have gone to this party! That is assuming I would have been invited. But even if I wasn't I would have crashed it because I am in love with The Office. I can't get enough!
Wow, you did go the extra mile on this one. The pictures of the characters was a nice touch. I can't even match all the quotes to the episodes, but I do remember though that when Dwight is talking about the money beets he is explaining why he moved a plant in front of Phyllis to hide her. Hilarious.
The Season Premiere of the Office was definitely one of our highlights of the week. We wish we could have joined you.
Your office party kicked our office party's butt (me and david and some reese's peanut butter cups). I wish I could have been there, but since you know my feelings on Facebook-I guess I wouldn't have been part of the flocking masses anyway ;)
What a kick butt party! I love the office food theme; too funny.
I adore The Office too, but must admit I haven't seen the first 2 seasons-so I'm not technically a "true fan."
I wish I was at your "Office" Party it looks like it was lots of fun! You are so creative! We are still playing catch up with the seasons but I'm very addicted the last one we watched Dwight thinks Jim is a Vampire. Pam and Jim are still jealous of each others partners it's driving me crazy.
Post a Comment