It's been a week since I had to say goodbye to my fairytale land of motherhood and the cute little baby boys that came with it. And I have to say that I'm convinced that life really is greener on that side of the fence. I know plenty of you mothers will argue with the whole "well, you get to leave and go anywhere you want to at anytime without packing along kids and diaper bags." True. There's no way I could have gotten away with escaping my chores for four plus hours last Saturday to go swimming and watch chick flicks while doing pedicures. I did enjoy that, BUT...
7 comments:
It does look like you are a natural! You and your skills are welcome in our house anytime.
Hey Rebecca! I found your blog through Shawn's (which your mom sent to me). You do look suited for motherhood! Next time you're up in UT, come by for a visit. I'd love to see you again. In the meantime, come check out my blog at kentandvickie.blogspot.com.
Hopefully we can stay in touch better this way. It's been way too long since I've talked to you. Congrats on buying a house. That's really exciting.
This is the first comment I have written on a blog. But I had to because you just made me cry. You are going to be an awesome mommy to some very lucky children.
You just caught me at the end of a long and "crazy summer day" with my kids AND I am jealous because I haven't even seen those cute little boys yet.
someday, your day will come and you will be an awesome mommy too. -keely
I love these pictures. They are so precious. I agree that the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. It wasn't too long ago I was the one wishing that I was a mother. Now there are days I am wishing for a little break.
:)
I think you will be a wonderful mother. And I say that is best to practice on nieces and nephews first!
Lol. Did you post this before or after that "worst case scenario" discussion?
Kathy, I don't remember the time line of that discussion and this post, but this does give a great visual of what my naive 24 year old self considered a "worst case scenario"! :)
Post a Comment