Now, you have to understand Greg and his fascination with Disneyland. He LOVES it! I have never met a man who can find a reason to daily talk about Disneyland and how great it is. Turns out its a family trait. The whole Smith family is absolutely obsessed with anything Disney, as was displayed at the family birthday party I was invited to attend:
(...and a little side note, hence the little picture and the little font... this just shows how much Greg loves Nemo. I got a henna tattoo of Nemo with his name on my shoulder as a joke for his souvenir from the cruise I went on with the Spendlove women to the Bahamas... and he loved it!)Ok, so back to the topic at hand... Greg made his request, and whether he meant it or not, I went to work. You see, we have a group of girlfriends just the right size to represent the Disney princesses. I contacted the girls, they all loved the idea and got way into it. Anything for the birthday boy, right?
There was Snow White,

Belle and Ariel,

Sleeping Beauty,

Cinderella,

Jasmine and Aladdin,
(I know, Aladdin isn't a princess, but he came as a package deal as Jasmine's boyfriend and the birthday boy's BFF)

and Mulan (yes, she's considered a princess).

(Pocahontas was part of the plans, but she was unfortunately out of town trying to catch herself a John Smith).
Belle and Ariel,
Sleeping Beauty,
Cinderella,
Jasmine and Aladdin,
(I know, Aladdin isn't a princess, but he came as a package deal as Jasmine's boyfriend and the birthday boy's BFF)
and Mulan (yes, she's considered a princess).
(Pocahontas was part of the plans, but she was unfortunately out of town trying to catch herself a John Smith).
Needless to say, Greg was overjoyed to walk into my house and have all these beautiful princesses staring right at him, ready to wish their prince charming a happy birthday.


Other highlights include a Mickey Mouse cake (done by our very own Ariel),

Greg's request for Applebee's half-priced appetizers (Buffalo wings and spinach artichoke dip done Spendy style),

Shane Thurston (he needs no other introduction, apparently),

and all the Rock Band and Mario Cart Wii we could handle.

Happy Birthday, Prince Charming!Other highlights include a Mickey Mouse cake (done by our very own Ariel),
Greg's request for Applebee's half-priced appetizers (Buffalo wings and spinach artichoke dip done Spendy style),
Shane Thurston (he needs no other introduction, apparently),
and all the Rock Band and Mario Cart Wii we could handle.
PS You should check out Belle's rendition of the party here.
7 comments:
Oh, my gosh. Awesome recap of the party.
Those costumes are great! And you girls made them yourselfs? I may want to borrow your costume. I hope Greg's dream of Disney Princess was filled at his 26 b-day. You are so funny sis.
You all look so adorable! You too Greg. If I had been there I guess I would have dressed as the wicked witch :0
My next party to plan is in August. Do you want to come and help? We would all love to see you.
I forgot to mention what a great looking Snow White Princess you make.
Loved finding your blog via Keely's blog. What a great party! My girls loved the photos. Were you in CA for the fourth? I am certain I saw you walking down Thompson near Plaza Park and called your name, my husband thought I was crazy because I kept yelling your name...so please let me know if it was you!
I just saw this post as a link off Jill's. So darn funny!!!! Taht was a fun party
Post a Comment