Wednesday, July 15, 2009

I mowed my lawn.

Yet another triumph in homeownership.

Some of you may find it interesting that I'm posting about an event as common as mowing one's lawn. But I think some of you may find it even more interesting that I post this because it was
my first time, EVER, mowing a lawn.

See the excitement on my face?
Totally blog-worthy.

When you're the baby girl of a family with four older brothers,
you never have to mow the lawn.

I have no clue if my two sisters can mow a lawn.
But now I can!

More proof:



Yes, I have a cheater, girly electric lawn mower.
I bought it off an old lady for $35.
It's just like vacuuming... and that I can do!

Some of you may also find it interesting that, after living here for 16 months,
this was my first time mowing the lawn.

Well, that's not hard to believe when I tell you that
grass doesn't grow if you don't water it!!

I recently decided it was time to try to have a lawn...
I still have a lot to learn, but I was happy to at least have something to mow!

Oh, and here's a little "taste" of Phoenix in July...


... my sweaty pits from being outside for a short 40 minutes,
at 8am in the morning.
And, yes, I was wearing my strongest deodorant.

5 comments:

Louise said...

Way to go Rebecca! I can't believe you never mowed the lawn growing up. We goofed.

The Spendloves said...

Hey Dummy,
Next time wear shoes or lose a toe!

I am looking into infant lawn mowers (that actually cut grass) for A&I so that I don't have to mow anymore.
Love
Shawn
My Word Verification was "brested" kind of weirdly close to brother, best, breast and busted.

Steve Spendlove said...

Ethan mows front and back now and it's great. I won't hassle you too much for your girlie mower, but the arm pit shot?! Come on down for a summertime visit and you can experience SE Texas sweat! (or just come down for a visit).

TamBaum said...

Why do you even need a lawn when it is too hot to go out there anyway? Nice pit shot!

Jodi said...

I like Tam's question above. And I like the way Shawn thinks-I looked into little kid vacuums a while back before we bought our mini ball Dyson. I love that Jack likes to vacuum. I really need to capitalize on that more...

ps- my word verification is moveles.
Pretty perfect since I'm talking about pawning my chores off on my offspring!