I was "tagged" about a week or so ago by my hometown friend Susanna to share my "sevens". Enjoy, in no particular order (except for the part about being married and having children... I do want that in THAT order!)
7 Things I plan to do before I die:
1. Be married. Happily, that is…
2. Experience pregnancy and have as many children as I can (time permitting).
3. Be the mom that supports all my kids activities and not just the teacher that supports all “my kids” activities.
4. Travel to places like Costa Rica, Peru, anywhere Polynesian (especially New Zealand), Africa, Greece and Italy. And New York City! That should be easy!
5. Figure out what my passion is.
6. Speak Spanish fluently.
7. Have my dream house and yard… although I should probably figure out what that dream house and yard look like first!
7 things I do now:
1. Blog. And read blogs.
2. Actively participate in the church.
3. Keep my house clean and tidy.
4. “Work”. I’m a cooperating teacher right now, so it’s a different kind of work that doesn’t always feel like work.
5. Play with my neighbors’ little kids.
6. Consistently cook good meals for others and myself.
7. Stay active and take care of myself.
7 things I can't do:
1. The hard level on Guitar Hero. That 5th finger always gets me…
2. Pull-ups.
3. Wink with my left eye.
4. Stay awake during a movie started after midnight.
5. Ever be a nurse. I don’t have the stomach for it.
6. Run faster than 4.5 mph for more than 5 minutes. I am in no way a runner.
7. Knit or crochet.
7 things that (will) attract me to my husband:
1. Um, we will look hot together! Everyone will be so anxious to see how gorgeous our children will be. ☺
2. That we will enjoy being together, talking and laughing a lot.
3. That I can feel 100% myself and comfortable around him.
4. That he will be proud, and not intimidated, by all that I’ve done with my life.
5. That he will recognize and value all that I have to offer him as a companion in the gospel, a loving wife and a nurturing mother.
6. That I will recognize and value all that he has to offer me as a companion in the gospel, a supportive husband, and a responsible father.
7. That he will fit in well with my family and friends.
7 things that I say most often:
1.“You’re ridiculous!” (Not in the literal sense, but usually in a coy way)
2.“Oh, PS.” (Like “by the way…”)
3. “Aw, that’s tender.” (My usual reaction to an adoring student sharing too much information…)
4. “Question.”
5. “So, …” (just read any blog entry and count how many times I use that word)
6. “Well, you know what they say…”
7. This isn’t something I say, necessarily, but it says a lot… I make this face where I kind of flash a quick, mouth wide-open smile with my head cocked to one side.
7 celebrities that I admire…
I agree with my friend Susanna who tagged me to do this. I don’t really admire celebrities. BUT, I do have one that I can think of…
1. Will Smith. I know, it sounds funny, but he’s like the only “rapper” left that keeps his music clean. And I think he’s an incredible actor and a family man. I just loved The Pursuit of Happyness.
7 favorite foods:
1. Chocolate chip cookie dough. On a spoon, or a toothpick.
2. Chocolate chip cookies. Soft, warm and moist. Dipped in milk where available.
3. Bajio’s Chicken Green Chile Stuffed Quesadilla.
4. My typical breakfast: vanilla yogurt, fresh mixed berries and granola.
5. A really good deli sandwich on yummy wheat bread with all the fresh fixings.
6. My dad’s tri-tip steak with Laird’s Butcher Shop seasoning.
7. My mom’s Bluebarb (blueberries and rhubarb) pie.
7 people who need to do this…
The first 7 people who actually want to do it. I don’t want to choose anyone, especially if it’s not your thing to do stuff like this. But I had fun… hope you all enjoyed it too!
4 comments:
Rebecca!!! Hey, I found you through Serene's blog (I'm a blogstalker). Anyway, I love how we sometimes end up in such close proximity, Ventura County, BYU, MTC and now AZ. Ok, so there's not too many places and 2 of them were for school and missions. Hey, it sounds as if life is fun. Let me know if you're ever heading down to the Tucson area or even better, out to see the wild west of Tombstone or something (I live in the place you have to drive through to get there). Hope to hear from you soon.
Sarah
Rebecca-what wonderful things. You will definitely get all of those things because you are so awesome.
You're right...Will Smith does deserve a "shout out" for still keeping it clean.
True story: Jeff was playing golf with a friend a couple weeks ago at Sherwood C.C. and he saw Will Smith there and Justin Timberlake too (not together). Will Smith accidently ran his golf cart into Jeff's while trying to pass him on the cart path. I thought it was funny.
We say a lot of the same things....like you're ridiculous...its my favorite!
Post a Comment