Austin and Isaac are 8 months old now and it's such a fun age! They both are stronger and more mobile, which means I could play "rough" with them a little more and get some sweet giggles and squeals out of them. Neither boy actually crawls yet, but they're getting close! Austin likes to tease and get up on all fours and rock back and forth before falling down on his tummy and doing the army crawl instead. Isaac doesn't get up yet, but he can roll himself pretty much anywhere he want to go.
I have a video that shows their activeness. It's a good demo of a few things. First, who needs toys when you can play with Daddy's old newspaper? Second, look at the cute "Winner" and "Champ" shirts I got the boys. Third, both boys are displaying their new fun tricks: Austin is sticking his loooooong tongue out and Isaac is shaking his head "no no no no!" But don't worry... these sweet babies aren't being defiant by sticking their tongues out and saying "no!" They're just adorable. Check it out. Oh, and you'll have to excuse my baby talk... and PS, I don't know how I got this video on here. I did it late last night and now today, I can't remember what I did. At least I got the other one below to load.
In case you missed that tongue, here it is again:

That's Brooke's hand holding Austin back from taking a plunge off the cliff of the bed in hopes of taking my camera from me. Nice try, bebe!
Both boys have now cut their first tooth. Isaac already has his when I got there and Austin, after a tearful Saturday afternoon, proudly displayed his new tooth Sunday morning. While Shawn and Brooke were tending to their teething son, I took their other son in the living room and played with him. Isaac loves it when people blow in his face, so I got some cute shots of him giggling as "the wind" (my stinky breath) blew through his hair.
Although, maybe Isaac was enjoying himself because he thought I was whispering sweet nothings in his ear... Isaac was caught flashing some coy smiles and looks my direction soon after I arrived and pretty much every time we played. Brooke soon dubbed me his "lady friend". I must admit that he was quite flirty with his Aunt Becca and I enjoyed every minute of it!
The boys are also brothers in every sense of the word... I did catch a little sibling rivalry. That's a cheap shot, Austin!
Don't worry, Isaac got him back.
So, I also visited with the "big people" surrounding these boys' life. But I just didn't get any pictures of them... except for this one of their Daddy blowing out the candle in his birthday cookies. Good choice on birthday treats... Lisa's homemade chocolate chip cookies. Mmmm...
And, of course, we visited with my sister Lisa and her cute family. She has the most beautiful teenage daughters who are so much fun to watch their interactions with others and to talk to. I also enjoyed playing ping pong in the garage with her sons. (They beat me, by the way. And I swear I didn't hand it to them.) I'm just sad that I didn't plan ahead to spend more time with her family and that I didn't take any pictures. Seriously, I can snap pictures like a fool when it comes to the boys... probably because I know they won't talk back and protest.
Oh, by the way, my camera has this red eye reduction feature on it that shoots this bright orange beam on the subject and that really inhibited my abilities to take cute shots of the boys. They'd be doing something really cute, I'd pull the camera out and the minute the orange beam hit their faces, their adorable faces turned to zombies:


Speaking of cute clothes I got for the boys, I also got them some footy jammies. And since it snowed, they were right on time. The twins were in need of some warmer jammies anyway. Go me!
But I think they may have loved chasing my camera even more!


Austin and Isaac loved playing with their new found
teddy bear and puppy dog friends on their feetsies.
teddy bear and puppy dog friends on their feetsies.
Austin
But I think they may have loved chasing my camera even more!
Both boys have now cut their first tooth. Isaac already has his when I got there and Austin, after a tearful Saturday afternoon, proudly displayed his new tooth Sunday morning. While Shawn and Brooke were tending to their teething son, I took their other son in the living room and played with him. Isaac loves it when people blow in his face, so I got some cute shots of him giggling as "the wind" (my stinky breath) blew through his hair.
The boys are also brothers in every sense of the word... I did catch a little sibling rivalry. That's a cheap shot, Austin!
Don't worry, Isaac got him back.
(ok, Isaac didn't really put that blanket over Austin's head...
but he didn't help him out of it either. Hmm. Curious.)
but he didn't help him out of it either. Hmm. Curious.)
So, I also visited with the "big people" surrounding these boys' life. But I just didn't get any pictures of them... except for this one of their Daddy blowing out the candle in his birthday cookies. Good choice on birthday treats... Lisa's homemade chocolate chip cookies. Mmmm...
Oh, by the way, my camera has this red eye reduction feature on it that shoots this bright orange beam on the subject and that really inhibited my abilities to take cute shots of the boys. They'd be doing something really cute, I'd pull the camera out and the minute the orange beam hit their faces, their adorable faces turned to zombies:
Even as little zombie babies, they're still adorable!
I love you so much, Austin and Isaac!
Thanks for playing with me!
I love you so much, Austin and Isaac!
Thanks for playing with me!
5 comments:
Oh my goodness! They are so cute!! I had a good laugh at their pictures and videos and your descriptions of it all. I miss our nephews too. But of course I miss and adore all of my family.
Those were such cute/funny videos. How fun. What a nice vacation to visit those cute little boys.
Adorable! The videos made Rhys giggle and squeal- it's the first time I've seen him react that way to other babies! He just needed some Spendlove :) Oh and my camera does the same thing and I HATE it!!
BTW we spent that weekend enjoying balmy weather in the mid-70's here and feeling sorry for all the poor fools in Utah ;)
Aunt Becca & Lady Friend,
This is Austin and Isaac. We miss you and were so happy you came to visit us last weekend. This weekend was better weather,
70s, but we missed Daddy all week because he left for work before we woke up and when he got home is was time to feed us and take us on our walk before we go to sleep. Just think of all the fun we could have had with him out of the house.
Oh by the way (this is Isaac) I have started my Third tooth! Two on bottom and one up top, while my brother only has the one...
Yeah but I (this is Austin) can really comando crawl and can go much faster than Mom thinks...
Anyway, we love you and miss you and can't wait to see you again.
Love,
Austin and Isaac
Wow! You are loved. We haven't gotten a comment from Austin & Isaac yet. Cute pictures Rebecca. It is nice to get an update on those adorable babies. Not that I expect the parents of twins to be so on top of that. Glad you had a great time!
Post a Comment