Monday, February 22, 2010

Body Attack

This past weekend, I went through an intense two-day training to become this:

A Les Mills "BodyAttack" instructor for my gym.
Go ahead and click on that link to learn more... it'll be easier than me trying to explain it.

So I'm not a full-fledged instructor yet, but I DID PASS my weekend modules which means I am clear to team-teach! :) Now I have 3 months to master a full 55 minute routine, video myself and submit the DVD to Les Mills West Coast. Once they approve me, I'll be a certified instructor!

I'm so excited to be doing this! I've had this secret desire of becoming a fitness instructor for about 5 years now, but I never really knew how to go about it or if I had what it takes. My trainers from this past weekend were impressed that I've never instructed before and commented that I had a natural ability to do this. Yes!!

I've never sweat so much, worked so hard, hurt so bad or smelled so bad as I did this past weekend! I had to change clothes 3 times each day because I was literally dripping with sweat! My body is so completely sore today... I can barely move. But I love it! I've been going to BodyAttack on a regular basis for about 8 months now and it has totally transformed my body. I'm a lot stronger and way more fit than I was a year ago. But man, I've still got some major strength to gain (namely in my arms and knees) if I'm going to make it through this certification.

And I AM GOING TO MAKE IT through this certification.

Bring it.

10 comments:

Kathy said...

Awesome. I have to come to your class if you team teach when I'm in town.

Lizzie said...

awesome!!! you did it. the trainings are tough and intense and it is awesome when you get done. let me know when you do your video!

Amber Veater said...

if there is 1 thing about Spendy that I know the most, it's that when she puts her mind to something, it gets done. There's no doubt in my mind that you will do it! Congrats, I miss you/love you/admire you/YOU DA BEST!

Sarah said...

Go Rebecca! That's awesome sis, good for you. I clicked on the link but those classes don't exist in L.A. yet. I need to get my butt in gear and follow your in shape lead. :)

Lorne said...

wow, i'm impressed- I love body attack, couldn't imagine teaching it but love it! -keely

Jodi said...

totally impressive and as I write this I realize I've, once again, forgotten to tell you that I'll be in Arizona tomorrow (2/26-2/28). I want to see you!

Louise said...

Gee Rebecca, That looks so hard. You really give your body a workout. I hope you are in good physical shape and in good health and don't hurt yourself.

El Jeffe and the Girls said...

Wow. That is so AWESOME! Good for you. :)
-Susanna

Becca said...

That's awesome! I'm going to be an astronaut!

San Diego Spendloves said...

Wow, what a coincidence. I have wanted to be a physical fitness instructor too. Thanks for explaining the process on your blog. I am excited for you. Can't wait to have a class taught by you.