Don't go see this movie.
"Where the Wild Things Are".It was...
Ridiculous.
Outrageous.
Ludicrous.
Your money would be better spent driving to the library, checking out the book:

driving home, reading the ten-sentence book,
then driving back to return the book.
And it wouldn't cost nearly as much of your time.
If anyone sees/talks to Esther Hansen anytime soon,
tell her I blogged about her strike two of movie picks.
(Strike one was "Bride and Prejudice")
5 comments:
O.K. I won't go see it because I've never wanted to see it. My friend from Curves couldn't wait to see it. She and her husband are going today. (Sat.)
Thanks for saving us the $50 it would have cost our family to go see in our overly priced Californian theaters.
I couldn't agree more. What makes me mad is that apparently Maurice Sendak was very involved during the filmmaking process...it actually kind of ruined the book for me because I can't read it now without thinking about the lame, dismal, overly psychoanalytic interpretations of the movie. In light of this and the Dr. Seuss fiascos, we should pass a law that films can't be based on beloved children's books without constant consultation from a panel of actual children and non-pretentious parents. Blech.
haha!
I probably wouldn't have gone to see it but I often get talked into things and I could see this being one of those things. Now I know! I will say, "No way!" and run away. Well, no. I'll probably just say, "No thank you" politely. :)
-Susanna
HAHAHA! I heard about this fiasco first hand from Esther...I was SO disappointed I couldn't join in the fun that night (can you detect the sarcasm in my voice? :) Watch out, strike three is going to be big...
Post a Comment