And if you look straight off into the distance, you'll see the beach and the beach access we had.
I also walked around town for a bit and got myself some breakfast and did a complete transaction at the bank in Spanish. Can you tell I'm proud of what little Spanish skills I have? ;)
Soon after I returned from my private adventures, everyone else was up and we all just went to the pool. After lounging by the pool for awhile, we all went back to the room and packed up and checked out! As part of our check-out process, we decided it was time to take off the MANY wristbands we had acquired during our trip.
So all we had to do today was make our way up to Liberia for our early flight in the morning. Check out was around noon, so we had a lot of time to spare. We started out by eating "Outback Jack's", the super crowded place that we tried on St. Patty's day. It was pretty good, but I 'm glad we didn't wait there all night on St. Patrick's Day for the food there. Then we went to Tamarindo on our way out (here's your map...)
Burke played in the sand...
Becca caught this little crab:
We also explored the human wildlife life with some good ol' fashioned people watching!
There were cute, tan Costa Rican locals playing a game of soccer (or futbol) on the beach...
and some not-so-cute, pot-bellied old foreign men walking around in a speedo!
(We had Caleb play the decoy so we could get some shots for posterity sake...)
There were cute, tan Costa Rican locals playing a game of soccer (or futbol) on the beach...
(We had Caleb play the decoy so we could get some shots for posterity sake...)
(PS 3 months after the fact, I still have tan lines from that burn...)
Ok, don't get all sad, thinking it's really over... we still had to make our way to Liberia! We stayed at a nice Hilton hotel by the airport, so we could take a quick nap before our super early flight in the morning. We each took a nice hot shower and I know I felt the cleanest I had felt all week! Then we headed out, pretty late at night, just looking for any place to get some dinner. Well, we didn't just find any place... we found our new favorite place! Look at this yummy casado!
Just ask these bed-buddies!
The people are so friendly! They will serve you not "con gusto"...
There is a difference, you know...
And with that said, I'm out!

1 comment:
You're so cute. I loved seeing and reading all about your fun adventures. Steve said, "Is that my little sis wearing a bikini?" When Lauren saw the picture of the shell on your tummy she said, "Who is that?" "She's wearing a bikini?" I have to say, you look good in a bikini.
Post a Comment